As a rarely visited part of your home, water entry into your home’s crawlspace can easily go unnoticed for an extended period of time. Outdoor flooding, cracks in the foundation, a leaky HVAC unit or any upstairs flooding can lead to significant standing water in your crawlspace.
• Standing water in a crawlspace provides a constant means for mold spores to rapidly reproduce.
• The high humidity that standing water causes allows for mold growth on the sub-floor and exposed floor joists.
• Over extended periods of time, mold will eat away at the floor joists – severely weakening the structural integrity of the building.
• Excess moisture in the air can dampen the insulation – reducing its effectiveness as a heat blocker, driving up energy costs and providing a food source for mold.
• Poor air quality in the crawlspace can spread potentially toxic mold spores to the living areas of your home.
If you are concerned that your crawlspace is allowing the rampant growth of mold, we encourage you to contact us to arrange a free inspection and consultation of your crawlspace. The only way to protect the structural integrity of your property and the health of your family from the dangers of mold is to consult Novos for a certified crawlspace restoration.
Follow this link for a detailed understanding of Novos crawlspace restoration.