As a rarely visited part of your home, water entry into your home’s crawlspace can easily go unnoticed for an extended period of time. Outdoor flooding, cracks in the foundation or any upstairs flooding can lead to significant standing water in your crawlspace.
- If water in your crawlspace goes unchecked, it can lead to a number of issues:
- Standing water provides a constant means for mold spores to rapidly reproduce.
- The high humidity that standing water causes allows for mold growth on the sub-floor and exposed floor joists.
- Over extended periods of time, mold will eat away at the floor joists – severely weakening the structural integrity of the building.
- Excess moisture in the air can dampen the insulation, reducing its effectiveness as a heat blocker, driving up energy costs.
- Insulation with paper backing also provides an excellent source of food for mold.
- Poor air quality in the crawlspace can spread potentially toxic mold spores to the living areas of your home.
If you are concerned that your crawlspace is allowing the rampant growth of mold, we encourage you to contact us regarding a free crawlspace inspection and consultation. The only way to protect the structural integrity of your property and the health of your family is to consult Novos about a professional crawlspace restoration.